Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blended Driving is Dangerous

I walked in to a family gathering last Sunday looking like a blended mess.  I sat in the back seat with James on the way to my grandmother's house, giving him his blended feed every few minutes.  Somehow, the tube kinked, the side medicine port popped open, and a huge burst of carrot, avocado, and quinoa exploded on the ceiling and rained on my head.

We pulled off and wiped the goop off my skin, but my skirt was ruined and my hair was gross.  We found a Target and, I found out later, Mark laughed as I traipsed in, covered in slime, to find the cheapest outfit possible.  I came out a little later with cleaning wipes to tackle the car and a decently cheap, cute outfit (my relatives claim that it was an excuse to buy something new, which is kind of true :D).  The car cleaned up surprisingly well, but the ceiling will never quite be the same.  I have to say, it is a self-confidence boost to walk into Target looking like I had spilled baby food all over myself yet not have a care in the world.

I didn't get a picture of me, although I wish I had.  I knew that, even though it didn't seem so funny at the time, it would be funny later, but I didn't take advantage of the situation.  So, to give you an example of a small-scale blended diet disaster here is a picture of my adorable son smearing his food all over himself while in the car:


Not sure if you can see the goo he smeared in his hair.  He looks pretty happy about it.  :D

With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment