Friday, February 22, 2013

Normal Parenting Problems

I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have normal parenting "problems":

1. James now likes to move everywhere at all times.  That includes while I change his diaper.
2. James thinks his feet are very fun and breakfast time in his highchair is a great opportunity to look at the brilliance of his feet.
3. We need to baby-proof.  This kid is getting into everything.
4. I had to comfort a crying baby who had opened a kitchen cabinet and pulled a pan onto himself.
5. Our kid is getting so big he is going to need a new car seat (this is still going to be a challenge as we work toward sitting).
6. My child is LOUD, in a happy way (but it doesn't work out so well at church).
7. I have to constantly do laundry to get James' meals off his clothing.

I thank God that he has given us the grace to learn what is important in life.  The graces we have received over the last two years are what have lead us here.  I tend to take things seriously, want to have complete control, and then get stressed and frustrated when things don't go my way.  And I know I will always struggle with this, but, for now I am seeing the fruits of our trials.  I can only giggle when James sits in his highchair, kicking his feet wildly and staring at them in amazement.  He still eats 200+ calories in under twenty minutes even with the foot distraction.  I think that is cause for gleeful laughter.  :D

So excited to eat!

All done!

Getting into the kitchen cabinets.
With love.


No comments:

Post a Comment