Friday, August 15, 2014

James and Jesus Had a Fight

Happy Feast of the Annunciation!  And happy birthday to Aunt Laura!

I always enjoy going to Mass during the week, but James wasn't in the best mood today.  I took him out of the pew to calm down and we sat near St. Louis Marie de Montfort.  James looked at him, said "hi", and gestured to hug the statue.  I let him lean in for a hug, but he had a last minute freak out and lunged for the crucifix St. Louis was holding.  He turned back to snuggle with me and Jesus' arm came with him.  Yikes!  I panicked, especially because the usher was sitting next to us.  Luckily, the arm was connected by a peg so it was easy to fix, but I was pretty embarrassed.  By the time we left the church, though, I was ready to laugh about it.  I let the office staff know in case Jesus' arm needed further help.  We'll have to work on James' relationship with Jesus.

With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment