Friday, June 22, 2012

Sunrise

I've been having flashbacks again to my pregnancy and our stint in the NICU.  This morning it hit me what it meant to live in the moment.  Our life with James has taught me how uncertain this world can be.  It has taught me to treasure the time I have with my family as no one ever knows when the end is coming.  Every time I kiss my child goodbye or watch my husband walk out the door I wish to express just how much I love them both.  I may long for more - a bigger house, more children, more free time - but God has given me what I have and I am so very thankful for everything.  I want to make the most of what I have so that I can say that I am truly living.  That doesn't mean planning wild parties or accomplishing daring feats.  It means helping my child reach his potential, putting everything I have into his therapy every day.  It means washing the dishes for the love of my husband even when I  wish I were still tucked warm in bed.  It means getting outside for walks, just enjoying the beauty of everyday.  It means putting down the computer and picking up the guitar or some other new hobby I wish to perfect.  It means loving life for myself and my family.

I want the reality of daily life to inform my actions.  I want to make the most of what I have been given, to love every second of the life I have been given.  For me, this means teaching myself to be a morning person.  It truly is amazing, I can wake up at 6AM and not truly be started with my day until 10AM.  Yes, I do get things going, but my mind isn't totally in the game yet.  So, to help the situation, I am going to start two logs.  One for James' speech therapy and one for his physical therapy.  In addition to the daily schedule I like to set for myself, these will keep me accountable for aiding James' development.  It really is a serious matter as this development will affect the rest of his life.  We have seen how well James can accomplish physical feats when we take the time to build his strength and repeat the motions until he is competent on his own.  He is going to be a strong young man.  Life is good!

We started work on clapping last week.  Look how far he has come:



With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment